We are a Faith-Based Recovery Opioid Treatment Program with an ongoing behavioral health component at Duke City Recovery Toolbox. Our philosophy is that we believe all people should be treated with courtesy, respect and dignity. We follow a Holistic approach in that we believe Addiction and other mental illnesses are: Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual maladies.
Our vision is to provide healing of mind, body, and spirit in an uplifting, person-centered, spiritual environment to those seeking recovery from opioid addiction and co-occurring behavioral health issues.
We believe in the following core values:
- All people should be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people should have access to individualized, best-practice treatment that promotes wellness of mind, body, and spirit that focuses on their strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences.
- All people should have the right to informed choice and participation in planning their care and their recovery process.
- All people should receive respect and sensitivity to the needs and preferences of their individual cultures.
Duke City Recovery Toolbox has the following purposes:
- To empower clients to break the multi-generational cycle of addiction
- To encourage spiritual growth and individualized faith development
- To encourage the use of Medication Assisted Treatment as a transition to recovery
- To educate clients on personal wellness and life skills, while reducing harmful behaviors to self and others
- To encourage clients to help future generations through service to their peers and the community
- To welcome clients with co-occurring behavioral health disorders and assist them in their recovery
We employ the following strategies to implement our mission, vision, and purposes:
- Use of Best Practices in a Co-Occurring Disorders Capable Recovery Model of Medication Assisted Treatment adapted to the cultural and spiritual needs of our clients including:
- Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Stages of Change
- ASAM PPC II R LOC & Severity criteria for both substance abuse and behavioral health
- Consumer-led recovery & peer support groups
- Body/Mind Therapies including Accu-detox and Tai Chi
- Use of Medications as a therapeutic tool & not as a substitute for recovery
- Use of Peer Support Specialists