We are a Faith-Based Recovery Opioid Treatment Program with an ongoing behavioral health component at Duke City Recovery Toolbox. We believe all people should be treated with courtesy, respect and dignity. We follow a Holistic approach in that we believe Addiction and other mental illnesses are: Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual maladies.
Our vision is to provide healing of mind, body, and spirit in an uplifting, person-centered, spiritual environment to those seeking recovery from opioid addiction and co-occurring behavioral health issues.
We believe in the following core values:
- All people should be treated with dignity and respect.
- All people should have access to individualized, best-practice treatment that promotes wellness of mind, body, and spirit that focuses on their strengths, needs, abilities, and preferences.
- All people should have the right to informed choice and participation in planning their care and their recovery process.
- All people should receive respect and sensitivity to the needs and preferences of their individual cultures.
Duke City Recovery Toolbox has the following purposes:
- To empower clients to break the multi-generational cycle of addiction
- To encourage spiritual growth and individualized faith development
- To encourage the use of Medication Assisted Treatment as a transition to recovery
- To educate clients on personal wellness and life skills, while reducing harmful behaviors to self and others
- To encourage clients to help future generations through service to their peers and the community
- To welcome clients with co-occurring behavioral health disorders and assist them in their recovery
We employ the following strategies to implement our mission, vision, and purposes:
- Use of Best Practices in a Co-Occurring Disorders Capable Recovery Model of Medication Assisted Treatment adapted to the cultural and spiritual needs of our clients including:
- Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Stages of Change
- ASAM PPC II R LOC & Severity criteria for both substance abuse and behavioral health
- Consumer-led recovery & peer support groups
- Body/Mind Therapies including Accu-detox and Tai Chi
- Use of Medications as a therapeutic tool & not as a substitute for recovery
- Use of Peer Support Specialists